lørdag 11. juli 2009

After a long walk in the forest...

I live in a place called Ås, it is a dull and boring place to live in because it mainly consists of farms, woods, roads and some buildings here and there, but it's extremely beautiful, especially during the summer. There's many deep forests to walk in and the summer nights here are breathtaking if you know the right places to go to. Among the trees and grassy plains I suddenly find myself in a big personal conflict, I've lived nearly all my life in this place and I've actually fallen in love with it somehow, but at the same time I am afraid to get stuck here. All my friends who have taken up studies are starting to leave slowly one by one, some are going to Oslo which is not really far away (about 30 minutes if you drive a car), but many of them are going to faraway places such as Trondheim which is... a little further. After the summer I will have to say goodbye to a very special girl who lives here who usually accompanies me on these trips and I think it's going to be much harder then I realize.

So where am I going? I have no idea, I have absolutely no clue what I want to be, what I want to do or where I want to do it. Sure there are many things that peaks my interest, but something I am going to do for the rest of my life? I'm nowhere close to that. People always tell me that I will find out one day, and of course I believe that, I'm still young and there's no real hurry, but it's very sad to see all my friends finding their special purpose in life and slowly starting to leave in different directions one by one.

This summer is one of the last summers I will see many of my friends together here in Ås and in some places nearby. To me the summer is the best time of the year, nothing else even comes close, so why on earth did I decide to take this job that forces me to spend most of the vacation working? Of course I'll end up with a shitload of money and it's a darn good job which I love very much (I'm working as a guide on an island, sort of), but is money really worth sacrificing the best time of the year for? I mean, of course I need money, who doesn't? But I still can't stop regretting this decision. I know I can do stuff after work, but the bad work times (usually from 12:00 to 18:00) means I won't get home before around 18:30-19:00, which really consumes most of the day.

Anyways, I've been incredibly pessimistic up until now, but believe it or not I'm not particularly sad or gloomy this evening, in fact I'm quite happy since I have just returned from a nice, long walk in the nearby forest. I finally explored that mystical road I've been wondering so much about, and to my big disappointment it just passed by a farm and down on another road where I've been before, can't expect more from Ås I guess, but nevertheless it was still an awesome trip and I'll be sleeping well tonight ^^

In case you wondered, the reason I'm not writing in Norwegian is because Norwegian sucks big time as a writing language, I just feel like I can't express myself at all without sounding like a total (even more then I am now) idiot. If you feel like leaving a comment in Norwegian however I will reply in Norwegian (as I already have) and likewise with English.

And if you're not getting the blogglust word pun, it's not really expected of you so just relax, if you get it you probably won't think its that funny anyway because it really isn't.

One thing I have to point out before finishing is one thing that annoys me (and you will find out that there's ALLOT of things that annoys me in this world) are people who have bad days and decide to unleash their terrible mood upon others. I won't mention names, but I wish that certain people could just keep their frustration to themselves. People are allowed to have bad days, but when I do have one of those terrible days where everything goes wrong I mainly try to avoid other people or at least talk to someone about it in a polite manner, bitching on the internet helps too, just don't push your terrible mood over on others!

It's getting late and I have work early tomorrow (my brilliant boss decided to increase the work hours in the weekends), I think it's time to say goodnight, but I probably will be hanging around on msn, facebook and my forums for at least one more hour before I manage to turn of my computer.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Not to be picky or anything, but to allot something means to divide it into it's rightful place or such. Since you use that word 'a lot' I thought I'd bring it up.

    SvarSlett
  2. I'll try to remember that from now on Mr. English Teacher ;)

    SvarSlett