søndag 12. juli 2009

The worst day at work ever

Today I ended up hating my job a little more then usual, though I must admit that having much to do actually makes the hours fly by quicker as opposed to sitting on a bench reading and eating ice cream while pretending to work, but at least that's more relaxing.

It all started when three fully loaded boats with people arrived after each other, tons of crying babies, whiny children and old people who just loves to ask hundreds of questions about second world war (which is fine really, but shouldn't they be knowing at least something about it seeing as they practically grew up or lived during it?). It got chaotic pretty quickly and just being two people at work we had no chance to please everyone even though we did our best.

The worst part of the day was ten minutes before the ferry back to the mainland was supposed to leave when I remembered I had forgotten to lock the museum which is practically on the other side of the bloody island, so I ran as fast as I could under the burning sun and made it just in time. One thing that I noticed however is that people are extremely stupid (more then usual). When you see a person at work practically sprinting like he was chased by a thousand raging bulls, do you think it's okay to try and stop him to ask silly questions? Obviously the people on the island must have thought that I was running just for fun because some of them even tried to block my path. I tried being as polite as I could, but I think I offended a few of them in the attempt, the thought of waiting another hour for the next boat was not a pleasant one.

After work I played some good, classic games with a few friends, first Axis and Allies followed by Munchkin, a nice way to spend the evening.

Tomorrow I got work, only two more days and I'm done with this hellish period of eleven days straight without a single day off, at least my vacation is closing in and I intend to spend it well (even though it's just four lousy days).

Now I'm just going to goof around, probably not doing anything productive for the rest of the evening.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Du har no i det minste en jobb Magnus. Eg treng en jobb so bad. Kommer meg jo ikkje te Amerika vess eg ikkje får jobba opp nå peng. Så slutt og syt, du e sekkert rik by no:P

    SvarSlett
  2. Syting? Dette er ikke syting, dette er konstruktiv klaging ^^

    Men på den mer serriøse siden, til tross for at jeg klager mye i denne bloggen er jeg utrolig happy for å faktisk ha en så fin sommerjobb, jeg er bare ikke så flink til å nevne det :P

    SvarSlett